In-Action: Shaping PLM, One Day at a Time
- HTML 5
In the cosmetics industry, where innovation is key, effective product management is crucial. Estee Lauder, aiming to streamline their product development, collaborated with Apoddo, to refine their PLM approach.
- Complex Product Development: In an industry that values innovation, managing the intricate journey of numerous products from conception to consumers is paramount.
- Data Discrepancies: With multiple departments involved, ensuring consistent and accurate data across the board was proving difficult.
- Vendor Management: Efficiently handling an extensive network of suppliers and vendors without a centralized system posed significant challenges.
- Legacy Software Limitations: Outdated software systems were hindering progress and integration, leading to inefficiencies and increased operational costs.
- Unified Data Platform: The newly implemented PLM software serves as a robust single source of truth. By consolidating and harmonizing data from various departments, it offers real-time synchronization. This unified system streamlines inter-departmental communication, reduces data discrepancies, and fosters a culture of informed decision-making. Additionally, its ability to integrate with existing systems amplifies operational efficiency and expedites the product development process.
- Enhanced Vendor Management: To overcome challenges with suppliers and vendors, the PLM tool features an integrated vendor management module. This allows for centralized tracking of vendor activities, performance metrics, and contract management. Automated workflows ensure timely communication, order placements, and delivery tracking. This centralized approach reduces administrative overhead, improves vendor relationships, and ensures timely and cost-effective product sourcing.
- Accelerated Product Development: The PLM software is equipped with tools that facilitate quicker product validation, testing, and approval processes. By leveraging automation and AI-driven insights, the system can predict potential roadblocks, allowing teams to address issues proactively. This leads to a significant reduction in time-to-market, giving Estée Lauder a competitive advantage.
- Legacy System Transitioning: Recognizing the limitations of previous systems, the PLM software was designed for seamless transition. It allows for easy migration of data, ensuring that historical records are preserved and accessible. The modern, scalable architecture of the PLM tool ensures it remains adaptable to future needs, reducing the long-term costs associated with software transitions and upgrades.
Having partnered with Apoddo for several years now, we at Estée Lauder have continually been impressed with their dedication and expertise. They approach our collaboration not just as a service provider, but as stakeholders, genuinely invested in the success and evolution of our products. Their proactive participation in charting our product roadmap, in tandem with our internal team, has proven invaluable. We’re excited about our ongoing journey with Apoddo and eagerly anticipate the future projects we’ll embark on together.
The integration of the PLM software has markedly enhanced Estée Lauder’s product development process. With its robust capabilities and intuitive interface, thousands of Estée Lauder employees now utilize the system internally on a daily basis. As a result, with a unified data platform, improved vendor management, accelerated product development, and efficient transitioning from legacy systems, the company not only streamlines its operations but also fosters a culture of informed decision-making. This positions Estée Lauder to further innovate and lead in the cosmetics industry.